Sunday, December 5, 2010

New York entry 2 11/02/10

So sitting at Chris's drinking his home made pumpkin beer, staring at the deer head jutting out from the wall and watching them play xbox live with Sean who's being just as lame in VB haha. Just talked to Sara and was planning with her what we were going to do when she got here. We have a little calendar (why isnt that word spelled CalendEr?) that we're working off of. You know i gotta be productive.

So dont know if i mentioned that there's a place across the street where you get you pick out you own live chicken and they slaughter it and pluck it for yas. Hmm I can't get personal with my food before i eat it, although i had never thought twice about eating a fish with the head on until one of my friends freaked out about it. I think my mm or my dad sucks the head haha that sounded funny of fish and shrimp? I dunno. Anyways, so I went home on the 22nd because of family stuff and hung out with them the whole time. It was fun. TJ maxxin, walmartin, targetin, and lots of good food and Yama!, good to see my sister and the girls after a while of not seeing them. We celebrated my brother's 30th bday with amazing food, cake and got him a kindle, and i brought back a bunch of stuff for my apt like a pan, platos hondos, cups, curtains to block out the light and it promisd it would block out noise, but i still hear the song. Had fun at home hangin with the fam. The bus ride up there, i took a nice bus, it was 60 bucks round trip and though it left almost an hour late, it was clean, had free wi-fi, played movies like Killers, Star Trek and some generic Twilight movie- I will never watch that movie, and what else free bottled water. The trip back was not quite so nice. The nice bus decided to cancel for 2 whole days and i had to fight with Tammy, who's English and customer service skilled sucked. My brother in law helped me fight her...took a long ass time to get that squared away, but finally did. anyways, i left on the 28th back to NY and took a ghetto China bus. I almost died a few times. First, there was a Chinese black war on the bus, the bus driver and a family cussed each other out ending with why dont you learn how to write English, Im from this country mother efer and threats to go back to Newport News. Turns out the family claiming they could read English and the Chinese couldnt, were indeed wrong, but as all the other passengers said, "i want gon' say nu'in" anyways after the war, i met a nice guy who was qually annoyed at al facets of the ghetto bus. Someone spilled a Mr. Pibb on the bus and i put my bag down on it. Then, the guy behind me propped his stinky feet my my face, then the bus driver slams on his break and my ipod that has been out of its case twice since i got it in 2005 went flying 3 seats down in that nasty mr pibb. I knew it would happen because i had bragged about how it was scratch free and i was being punished for it somehow with a nice scratch on the screen. I was so upset, which i know is dumb because it's a material thing, but still. The bus as dirty and whatever i was miserable. Too bad that a plane costs so much more... at least 160 bucks plus rides to and from airport. And get this the bus company actually has it in their terms and conditions that you cant bring corpses on the bus. pheww-glad they had that in writing, i almost brought ol' Frankie Sinatra. Anywho, Seth met me in China town and we went home.

We watched one of the greatest movies of all time-Hocus Pocus and get ready for the rally in DC

Seth got an offer from another place, but decided to go with Paragon. They are having a....

ok so it's now 11/07/10 sorry for the delay and lapse in story...
DC rally. Put on our costumes and slabbed on the facepaint-papa smurf, Smurfette and Beaker and went on the bus with the Colbert audience and colbert's interns. Nice bus and snacks/metro fare included. We met this nice older lady who hung out with us for a while and the main Colbert guy was cool. There was at least 250,000 people there and we got Special Guest passes which means that we got to be closer up than everyone else except the VIPs. It was a cool experience. At times it felt a little slow, but still very cool. There was musical performances by" The Roots, John Legend, The OJs, Cat Stevens!, Ozzy, Sheryl Crowe, Kid Rock -not my favorite at all but he wasnt too bad, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, some guy from Law and Order, etc. Mythbusters guys. Besides musical performances, John Stewart and Colbert did some skits and going back and forth with each other. Pretty funny. Colbert's so funny. For his entrance, he pretended that he was a couple thousand feet down as a Chilean miner and came out with the Chilean flag "when i say chi, you say lay, chi-lay, chi-lay" So pretty good time. And Jon Stewart's ending speech was a good one-it wasnt bashing on the retarded tea party or anything, but more positive. We thought that everyone would be dressed up, but there werent too many ppl. Sadly enough, being a smurf was the closest I've ever come to being famous. Sad, I know. But everywhere we went people were snapping pics like crazy like"poppa"razzi, we'd hear "smrfs!" everywhere. Our signs read, "We put the Blue in red, white and blue. Papa smurf for Congress, who's your papa?" and the other said, "We're here, were smurfs, deal with it with a if i may say so myslef, a very good depiction of the 2 smurfs painted on. Peter or rather Beaker's sign was on point it said is a series of colors and sizes one solitary word: MEEP!My face hurt from smiling. I swear Seth and I have 500+pics out in cyber space. We found a few. We were interviewed a few times also. This one girl nonchalantly walked by and said" ha, gangbanged" to me. Hilarious. Well that night when we got back, we walked through Times Square, only we looked unkempt and looked more like homeless smurfs than anything, but still people wanted pics-like kids. We were a hit. People dont make eye comtact on the subway, but youd see people just look and smile to themselves. We made children happy, and a couple of old men who would tell me that their street name was papa smurf. Best costumes we saw were the clockwork orange crew, a used condom, and Captain planet, nad of course, Quailman. Didnt you always wonder, if Quialman was a figment of Doug's imagination, why did he put him in a makeshift costume. Why woudl you draw a belt on your head, when you could draw a medallion of pure gold? i know right.
After all that, we went to Mayumi's roomates birthday party pretty late and met some cool peeps there, none of them had played kings before and they all had a ball with us. Left at like 6 am. Next night on Halloween, we went out with Peter and some of his friends from the restaurant. Went to Crocodile Lounge which was dead but with every single drink purchase, you get a free personal cheese pizza. Isn't that rediculous and awesome? After that, we went to Lit, a coverfree club and that was fun. I needed some dancing, and hadnt been to a club in a long time. That will change when the girls get here, yay!

So because the girls are coming and that whole unemployment thing, I need some cash. With rent, loans, cell phone, food, laundry and everything else that doesnt stop coming despite lack of funds, the girls coming will be pretty expensive too. Seth got a job with Paragon sports- they are just finlaizing what exactly he will be doing for them. He worked like 70+ hours this past week for them. He asked me if I wanted to work  a temp job also in the New York City Marathon Expo where 40,000 runners would be picking up their pacets for the race and several companies would have booths there to purchase from. Paragon sports had 25 of the 75. Seth told his boss I was cute and they put me in the Puma booth. "Don't smudge those pumas" I had to go in and train at Paragon on Tuesday which entailed looking at 3 racks of Puma clothes and learning about tennis shoes from this nice runner that worked there. I was so proud of myself. That was the first time I had ridden the subway by myself and I found the store with no problem. I had left my house 2 hours early, so now i was an hour an a half early. Made it home perfectly too. Then for the next four days, Seth and I would get up at 6 something in the morning (even harder cuz it's cold) and take 2 trains to the Javitz convention center. Wednesday, I reported to the Puma booth and set up and Thursday, Friday and Saturday for 12 hours everyday, I worked the expo. It was fun, met some cool people from Puma and Paragon and worked hard, but joked around with everyone I was working with. Got a bunch of free puma gear fo free like shoes, a watch, pants, 2 shirts, a hat. We had the most fun booth with a race track that calculated your mph, which i was charged with getting people to sign up for and keep track of the fastest male and female. it would hurt to see them fall like they were diving into a slip and slide. I had fun with all the foreign folks, even got to use some of my spanish. I got to wear Hussein Bolt-fastest man ever in the world blow-up arms and dance around with them on the last day, i'm gonna be on Puma's website too. I was super putgoing-i blame it on the lack of sleep which allows me to act siller than usual and the frequest visits to the power bar booth where Seth worked. Anyways, had a blast working with the people i worked with and had a really good yet exhausting time.

Last night, we were supposed to go to a potluck, but we were so tired, we slept and then went over there at 230. the party girl was smashed beyond belief which was hilarious and then Seth and I went back to the apt, drank our brewskies and watched our show 30rock.

So yeah, Sara is in town hanging with Julia now and we're going to hangout tomorrow. Jeanne is also coming into town and we're going to a bartender contest. Apparently Jasmine is moving here this thursday too? If she does, it's going to be insane.


PS. I think I saw my first crackhead yesterday. ok well my first blatant in your face literally crackhead...

No comments:

Post a Comment